418 (dynamic slide ring, double acting)
AF-418’s primary advantages come from its innovative functional principle of having a trapezoidal profile, where the sides of the profile slope towards the seal surface. This design allows the seal to maintain a stable shape.
By allowing for a slight deformation, this shape causes the maximum compression to always shift towards the area of the seal edge that is directly exposed to pressure.
Two-part composition, consisting of a dynamic slide ring and an O-ring.
- Very good static performance
- Able to cope with a large extrusion gap
- Good performance in contaminated/dirty pressure fluids
- No stick-slip effect
- Operation pressure: Up to 50 MPa (500 bar)
- Velocity: Reciprocating up to 15 m/s
- Temperature: -40°C to 200°C