553 (dynamic slide ring, double acting)
The AF-553 is a further, improved development of the AF-551, but requires a larger groove. It consists of two O-rings, one X-ring and a PTFE seal body. The two O-rings yield a more stable operation, a redesigned dynamic contact surface further increases the seal’s tightness. The seal can be delivered with notches, for increased performance during rapid pressure change. The tight sealing effect makes the seal ideal for applications where different types of media has to be separated e.g., gas and oil. Suitable for heavy duty applications.
Two-part composition, consisting of a dynamic slide ring and an O-ring.
- Separation of media types
- Can be notched
- No stick-slip effect
- Used as a primary seal
- High sealing effect
- Suitable for heavy duty applications
- Operating pressure: Up to 60 MPa (600 bar), with oil up to 35 MPa (350 bar) in reduced lubrication
- Velocity: Reciprocating up to 13 m/s
- Temperature: -45 to +200 °C